Sunday, November 3, 2013

New Guitar Strings

I got new guitar strings!  This is something that is wonderful for me.

I found out that when I am down, something that helps me is singing.  When I have my guitar, it sounds nicer. Getting new guitar strings for me was a wonderful experience, because I was blessed with the ability to play guitar at home for the first time in many months.  This makes me feel good!

It's been a better week than in the past, and I am so thankful for it.  I have been ahead on my lesson planning, and quite frankly not having a whole lot to do, because my teaching hours were low. Starting on Tuesday, my hours jump up to almost the maximum.  I was so thankful for this break that I had, and I feel refreshed and ready to get back to teaching more students.

On Friday we had a man come who has been attending for a long time.  I had heard already, but he officially shared the news with us that he is a first time grandfather!  We were delighted to share this joy with him!  He was sharing the joy of having a baby in the family, along with the chaos that follows!  A story that this man told (without sharing too personal details) goes like this: his daughter had been unsuccessfully trying to have a baby for a long time.  He has been exposed to the Bible for a long time, with a good understanding of it, but belief hasn't followed.  After a long time of waiting for a baby, this man prayed to God, asking for a baby.  God answered his prayer.  He shared with us that this was a miracle that came from God, and he said to me, "Now I believe!" We will continue to follow up with him, and to help him grow in the Faith.  God has given him a HUGE step forward in faith.  Please pray that he would continue to grow, and that this would lead to baptism and salvation!

Saturday was a holiday, which was much needed.  My roommate wasn't feeling so well, and I ended up feeling a little sick as well, so we were able to relax a little that day compared to others.  In the morning, we went to say goodbye to our 3rd roommate who made her way back to America today.  Then, we went to see a movie, and we got some italian for lunch.  It was a nice, relaxing day.  We then were able to go and get some purchases made for the apartment to make it feel a little more like our home.  It was fun to be able to do that!

Today was fun, as after church we went to eat pancakes with some students and friends.  It was a lot of fun to go to the pancake house! (No, not IHOP.  PHOP.  Paddington House of Pancakes).  I then wandered over to a charity bazaar that is going on at a place called Nam Wan (south bay).  It was fun walking around and seeing everything, and listening to the music.  It was interesting sitting by the stage, because it went from watching cartoon characters wave to kids, to a rock band, to 5 year olds dancing to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", to old women dancing, to old men singing!  It was a variety show for sure! Then, one of the missionary kids had a badminton match, so my friend and I went to go watch.  After badminton, we went to have drinks.  The kids had chocolate, and the adults had tea...and yes, I am an adult I guess, so I wasn't allowed to have chocolate haha. Ok, that's a lie.  I could have had chocolate, but I didn't. I then came home, and now I am writing the blog!  The friend who I spent time with today is not a Christian, and so please pray for him as he is searching!

I am very pumped for tomorrow.  Tomorrow my roommate and I will go to meet a friend in the city just north of us to do a few things.  We have explored the city a few times, but never with this particular friend.  I am so excited to see her view of the city, and to be able to spend some time with her!  This particular friend is a relatively young Christian, and my roommate has been able to spend a lot of time with her sharing the struggles and the joys of being a Christian, and helping to give her confidence in our God!

I want to mention that I don't always share if my friends are Christian or not.  A few reasons are this: I prefer to keep my students and friends as anonymous as possible.  If they are reading my blog, I don't want them to feel uncomfortable that I am sharing personal stories.  I also don't want to announce to the world that they aren't Christian.  But I share this today with you so that you know how to pray for these friends.  I want to mention that most of my friends are not Christian.  In America, maybe 95% of my friends are Christian, spurring from the fact that I spent most of my life in Christian circles.  Here, about 95% of my friends and contacts are NOT Christian.  It is a huge adjustment to make, and these past few days I have been talking about this with my roommate.  It's a big struggle to be living in a city where only 1% of the people are Christian. But that is why we are here.

Please pray for us as we live in a city that needs the Gospel, as we are praying for you who are living in America, where the Gospel is becoming more and more of a taboo in society's eyes.  It's not only Macau or Africa or China who need the gospel: the people at home need it too!  I hope that stories from this blog inspire you to share the Gospel with your friends at home, because there is no time like the present!  With some of my friends, I realized that if something happened and they were in a car accident or something else, life is short, and it could be ended in an instant.  I sometimes cry knowing that my friends are not yet Christian, and if something were to happen to them, they would not go to heaven.  It gives me a HUGE motivation to share with them the Good News.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, how are you?

    My name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near to Madrid. I am a very interested person in knowing things so different as the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora, and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc. in summary, I am a person that enjoys traveling, learning and respecting people's diversity from all over the world.

    I would love to travel and meet in person all the aspects above mentioned, but unfortunately as this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, so I devised a way to travel with the imagination in every corner of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of used stamps because trough them, you can see pictures about fauna, flora, monuments, landscapes etc. from all the countries. As every day is more and more difficult to get stamps, some years ago I started a new collection in order to get traditional letters addressed to me in which my goal was to get at least 1 letter from each country in the world. This modest goal is feasible to reach in the most part of countries, but unfortunately, it is impossible to achieve in other various territories for several reasons, either because they are very small countries with very few population, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty or because for whatever reason the postal system is not functioning properly.

    For all this, I would ask you one small favor:
    Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Macau? I understand perfectly that you think that your blog is not the appropriate place to ask this, and even, is very probably that you ignore my letter, but I would call your attention to the difficulty involved in getting a letter from that country, and also I don’t know anyone neither where to write in Macau in order to increase my collection. a letter for me is like a little souvenir, like if I have had visited that territory with my imagination and at same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and an original way to promote a country in the world. My postal address is the following one:

    Emilio Fernandez Esteban
    Avenida Juan de la Cierva, 44
    28902 Getafe (Madrid)
    Spain

    If you wish, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com where you can see the pictures of all the letters that I have received from whole World.

    Finally, I would like to thank the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my best wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your dear beings.

    Yours Sincerely

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete