Saturday, May 21, 2011

The end of the world as we know it?

A preacher in California claims that today at 6pm (pacific time?), the second coming of Christ will happen.  He has spent decades in Scripture, and just knows that the facts add up.  But what is the proof that he claims to have?  I read his website, and saw no actual proof...he just claimed to have the proof.  Unfortunately, I think he missed the only verse that actually points us in the right direction in terms of when Christ is coming.  No one knows the hour except for the Father.  Click on that link to read the entire passage from Matthew.  So will Jesus come today?  Maybe.  Or maybe not!  It's not for us to put human logic into it to deduct when Christ is coming.

Let's rejoice in the fact that we have a merciful Savior who will come again to bring us to life eternal.  Whether or not He comes today, we do not know.  But I rejoice in the fact that when He does come, He will take all believers with Him to new life!

In other news: I just received a very generous donation from my home church to go towards my ministry in Macau!  I am thrilled that they are becoming partners with me, and I am so thankful for their help and support.  Everyone in the congregation is asking me when I leave and if I'm excited, and telling me that they think about me.  I am so blessed to have this support from so many people!

This brings me to about 38% funded, and I need to raise $8600 more before I can leave, and $19,000 more before I am fully funded.

Praise God for His plan for these funds.  He already knows where the money is coming from, and is instilling into the hearts of my partners the desire to help fund my ministry.  I pray that He allows the funds to come in in time so that I am able to leave in August, and I pray that not only am I blessed through this mission, but that the people of Macau are blessed, and that the people who are partners with me in this mission are blessed as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment