This morning I went to raise support at Faith, another church in Sioux Falls. I was blessed by being able to share my mission information with them, and they responded more generously than I imagined! Thank you so much, people of Faith, for the extreme generosity that you have shown to me! I am blessed to have a connection with you for your friendship and multiple kinds of support!
While I was there, I found out that there are students from Hong Kong coming for an exchange program--they'll be here for a few weeks. They are in need of hosts while they are in Sioux Falls, and it is very possible that I will have the opportunity to host two of them! We'll see if they still need someone to host or not :)
I then went to my own church to catch the end of the service, and ended up seeing some friends that I had not seen in a long time! Then we went and ate tons of pizza, and enjoyed every minute of it. Afterwards, I had counselor training for camp which starts in a week, and then had a fundraiser for Macau!
![]() |
| This would be me making my zebra print mug!! |
All in all, today added another $4000-$6,000 to my total support raised. I do not know the exact number, but it was $4000 at the minimum! This means that I am over half way to my goal! I am so blessed to have been given the opportunities for fundraising that I have been given, and am so thankful for the connections that God has placed in my life, and for those that God has called to help send me (financially) to Macau. As a parishioner at Faith put it today, not everyone is able to go to serve. Those at home who cannot actually GO can serve in over seas missions by SENDING. Thank God for all the senders, because we could not GO if it were not for the SENDERS!!
And thank you for reading my blog. It's nice to see that people are reading my random musings, and I appreciate it a lot!
Prayer Requests for today:
- THANKSGIVING for the milestone I met today in my fundraising--over 50% funded!
- Another note of thanks for God being awesome in general!
- For those suffering loss--some church friends lost their grandfather yesterday
- For me to get through my homework in the midst of all my other work that I have in the next month.
- For the students in Hong Kong preparing to come to America in the next few weeks!
- For everything I left out! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment