Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A little 'bout what's goin' on!

I don't have too many updates at the moment, but I'll think of a few to tell ya!

  • I got a text from a girl that I gave my business card to.  I am excited and hope that that turns into a friendship!
  • I have a University friend visiting me this Friday.  She is from Taiwan, and is on a business trip to Macau, so I am excited to have my first visitor from home come!
  • I now have the apartment to myself and am living in the master bedroom now instead of the smaller one.  It's a lot more spacious.
  • I have a cooking class tomorrow morning.  We're making meatloaf.  I'm also gonna make some hotdish (this link is similar but not the same) with leftover ingredients from last week and we'll eat it before making the meatloaf.  I think we're also gonna learn how to do mashed potatoes while we wait for the meatloaf to cook.  Should be fun!  I'll try to remember to get pictures with my camera this time!
  • We have a baptism on Sunday!  She is from Hong Kong, and she is a classmate of the vicar that works with us.  She will be coming to our bilingual service to be baptized.  Should be great :)
  • I feel like I am getting the hang of this city.  I successfully found multiple things within this past week, including but not limited to: the post office, daiso (a japanese store), a western grocery store, and the automatic passport checker at immigration (yep...no more long lines for me on the Macau side!).  It's exciting.

I think that's about it.  I can't think of any more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment