Today was quite productive. Might I add that it was my day off?
I still have many hours left of the day, too. Today, I....
...went to the doctor. I've been meaning to do that for a long time...I have this bump on my leg that I have started getting nervous about, as it hasn't gone away in...well...at least 4 months. I found out that I have this insane ability of putting off going to the doctor until right before something gets better. This doctor looked at it, gave me an anti-fungal cream, and sent me on my way, rescheduling again for Thursday to check on it. (which I really do appreciate instead of just saying "eh..it'll get better" like the last place...which it didn't). As I was about to apply the anti-fungal cream, I touched it, and the pressure caused it to pop. I'll save you the details, but 4 tissues later, it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did before! I mean, it still hurts, but it feels better. I'm gonna wait until it heals a little before putting the cream on it, cause I don't know if it's an external-only kind of a thing.
...watched someone look at my water heater, aka "The Flame Thrower". yeah. doesn't that just sound interesting? awkward is more like it, since I can't speak his language, nor does he speak mine. (It added to the awkwardness when A) he called me before coming up, said something about "hi, i'm here [insert Cantonese here] one." and also B) he didn't ring the doorbell, but I randomly opened the door to find him just waiting outside my gate.....and then just now found out that my doorbell doesn't work.) But all in all I found out that The Flame Thrower may have thrown its last flame. It will be put to rust with all of the other old, flame-trodden metal at a later time. There are at least 3 things wrong with it, so the repairman suggested getting a new one. It's only 2 years old, but the warranty only lasts 1 year...I guess that's how long they're supposed to last? Not sure. But anyway...though it is young, it will be given a much deserved break from flamage and assisting with the washing of the dishes.
...ordered water. It hasn't come yet. I am just awaiting the delivery man, who should come within the next hour...or will randomly come tomorrow morning when I'm not expecting him. One of the two.
...will make enchiladas. As much as I try, I just cannot live without mexican food. It's a part of me that I will never let go.
Ok, so it's not as productive as I may have thought. But hey--it's my day off. That's gotta be worth something! Now...I just realized that it's the 15th in the states, so I have to write updates to send out to my supporters...which will in turn get posted.
This post was longer than anticipated. Ok. Have a great day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment