It's a wonderful day in China! Tonight I am going to a Valentine's Day concert with my friend Mandy. I will then come home to a full house of people! I have a family staying with me tonight, and I am excited because they have a baby: I hope to be able to spend some quality time with the baby--and the rest of the family too, of course! I just miss spending time with babies!
Classes are coming to an end for the week. It's kind of exciting to experience the first week back to classes after New Year and to discuss with my students about what they did. I enjoy hearing the stories and such of the traditions and the celebrations.
Mostly I am excited because our team is just really pumped up right now. We had a training in China that I wasn't really excited for.... but as much as I hate to admit it, my boss was right: it was a wonderful thing for us. We learned some things with teaching, but most importantly it got us pumped up about our team and about our work, and also got us pumped because we have 2 new teachers coming to Macau! One just arrived--he will be here for 2 months. He is a retired pastor from Canada, and seems to be very nice. The other is a sweet girl from Illinois, Hannah! She will be here for a year. Serena and I are very excited for her to come to join us in the office. We have tons of fun by ourselves in the office, but it will be even greater to have a 3rd young lady!
Another thing that we all got pumped up about was language learning. We were revitalized in our desire to learn the language: Serena and Matt, Cantonese; me, Mandarin. It's been fun around the office lately with lots of jokes and songs and what not.
We have a Bilingual (but this week mostly English) Worship service on Sunday (tomorrow), and Serena and I are going to be singing a song where the first part is just acapella and we are singing harmonies. We sang it in China when we had training, and it was requested for us to sing it again tomorrow, so we are excited to do that :)
I can't think of other updates...for those of you who heard that I was sick yet again...I am better! I have been drinking more water in these last couple days than I did in all of January, probably. I am mixing the hot and the cold so that it warms me up on the bus and in my house and at work where...well...it's fairly cold. But it's been melting the water bottles...not sure if that's safe or not, so I should probably just get a thermos or something...we'll see.
I just want to say that my "Macau Facts" page has had over 4,000 hits since I started the page. Most are from Google Images searches, but it has been a blessing to know that people from all over the world are looking at the site. Hopefully while they're there they are able to look around the website and see some more stuff besides just the pictures of Macau! I know that I have had a few people actually message me to comment on some stuff, so this blog has truly been a blessing :) Thanks to those of you who read it and are interested in what is going on here in Macau!
No comments:
Post a Comment