Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Recent News

 I had a fun treat to be able to go to Hong Kong to visit some friends and supporters as they went to a local school on a mission trip.  It was great to be able to see them and experience a little of what they do and see when they travel to Hong Kong to help with MCDH.  The girl eating ice cream with me (left) is Amber, and the guy in the next photo (right) is Pastor Sterzenbecher from Black Hawk, South Dakota.  Their team was a blessing to the school, and I could tell that they have a passion for helping out!
 Recently I have also had the blessing to attend a friend's wedding.  I didn't get many great photos, because of my camera's inability to take clear photos in darker settings, but here is a photo of the traditional first course in a wedding dinner: roasted pig.  We ate the skin off the top, then they took it away and chopped it up, and we ate the rest of it.  The wedding was beautiful, and the food was good.  It was also fun to sing Karaoke with them afterwards!




I also had a fun time at the Hard Rock Cafe with some friends for another friend's birthday.  On the left is a photo of a mural made of drumsticks at the Hard Rock Cafe in Macau.  It was fun to listen to American live music and then wander around the casino for a while looking for cake :) I then took a taxi to catch a bus--fun day

 I also tried my hand at Chinese cooking.  I made 煲仔饭, which is clay pot rice.  This was my first time making it, and it turned out pretty well!  It tasted delicious, but next time instead of steaming the egg on top I will just crack it and mix it in right away so that it cooks from the heat of the rice and not the steam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment