Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Food and Fruit

When I ask someone (with lower level English) what their favorite food is, often they will respond with a fruit.  Not because that's their favorite food, but because they actually heard me ask what their favorite fruit is.  It's not a big deal, but I realize more and more how important pronunciation is.

So I am planning to make a cake for my friend's birthday.  My friend really likes durian, so I am going to take one for the team and purchase durian.  If you don't know what it is, durian is a southeast Asian fruit that smells...horrible (pictured left).  I believe it tastes as wonderful as it smells, but there are many people who disagree with me.  So my plan is to buy some durian, blend it, and then make it into a cake.  I found a recipe online, but now I just have to decide when I will make a test cake.  My house will smell like durian afterwards for a few days, so I am not too excited.  We'll see how that goes!

If you have ever cooked with durian and have some advice for me, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment