Today is Mid-Autumn Festival. Actually, yesterday was the holiday, but today is the day that we all got off of work and school! That is because the actual festivities happen at night when everyone goes outside to look at the moon and eat mooncakes and pomello and carry lanterns around the park! I got to go around last night and eat mooncake and pomello and play games with my friends! It was a lot of fun to be able to do that.
I'm including with this post some screenshots of Super Typhoon Usagi on its way to Hong Kong and Macau. It is the same as a category 5 hurricane. As you can see, the center is projected to hit just north of Hong Kong, and maybe 45 miles north of Macau. Here we won't have to be too worried, and buildings here are built more sturdy than in America. I'll keep you updated!
Over the summer I noticed that some of my links had disappeared from my blog...I have no idea how it happened. I sent a message to support, but they decided not to reply, so now I decided that my blog deserves a make-over! It's not as drastic as the last time that I did a make-over, but it's a new look! I will experiment with the background and see if I can get one of my own pictures as the background instead of one the website provides.
Well, it's 11:30pm, and it's back to work tomorrow, so I should start getting ready for bed! I will include a couple prayer requests for you to include in your prayers:
- for 2 of my friends in particular who are searching for God's love, to have God find them!
- for me as I have been feeling under the weather lately and am finishing up my antibiotics without feeling better
- for my roommates as they continue to adjust to life in Macau (one for 2 months and one for a year!)
- for the Super Typhoon heading towards land, that lives would not be lost...and if they are, pray that they have the knowledge and belief that Jesus Christ is their Savior so that they can spend eternity in Heaven!


No comments:
Post a Comment