This past month has been fun. I was able to take a vacation to Taiwan to relax, and it was excellent. I visited some University classmates, one originally from there and one who lives and works there now. It was a lot of fun to be able to meet up with both of the girls, and to catch up!
I went with my roommate, and we checked out the Concordia that is in ChiaYi. It was such a neat school! We loved the environment and the camaraderie that is evident between the staff there.
I've also had opportunities to go out with students/friends, and I got some exciting news just a couple days ago that a lady who has been coming to the English center for many many years has decided that she wants to be baptized! I am so elated to have been able to hear her express that wish to me, and to see the joy in her eyes when she shared it. I am so happy to have another sister in Christ! I don't know when the baptism will be, but I hope that I will be here for it!
My dates for my time in America have been set. I will leave Macau on July 16, and when I return in August, I will be moving to a nearby city to study Chinese and to work in a church for foreigners. I might be discontinuing my blog, because of internet issues. For those who want to keep updated, make sure you're on my e-mail list by sending me an e-mail by clicking here.
No comments:
Post a Comment