For those who don't know... Thursday I got a cold, Friday when walking home from an appointment, I started to feel faint. After getting home and napping, I decided that work wasn't gonna happen so called in sick with a slight fever. Later that night I was almost immobilized with a fever of 101.8, and I called in sick for Saturday too, and slept from 3pm to 3pm the next day, waking up only to take my temp and grumble and allow someone to give me some liquids (SO thankful to not be living alone). Saturday my fever was only 100 something, which was better, but I was still dizzy. Sunday I felt better, but stayed home until the evening to avoid risking infecting others and to avoid over exerting myself, and my outing was only 2 hours, 3 blocks away. Monday I woke up early to go to the doctor (for other issues) and came back home and was lazy until that night when I went out with friends.
That brings me to today. First day back to work since Thursday. I guess that's the length of a long weekend, but I felt so out of the loop. Thankfully, my coworkers were really good about taking care of my students when I was gone, and keeping me up to date about what actually happened during the classes. I had a pretty good day. My classes went smoothly, and my food was tasty. Our meetings went pretty well too, except for my apparent need to make up for all of the talking that I was unable to do the days prior.
I am feeling so much better, and I am very excited for all that is to come!
- We have fun plans this weekend to go to Hong Kong for a celebration of 100 years in China-ish for LCMS!
- We might have a dress up day next week Wednesday to celebrate Reformation Day (which I realize is actually Thursday... but it means that I can wear my orange pants!)
- We have plans to talk about the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving this November
- Christmas plans seem to be coming along well!
- My birthday is soon! (well, soon after Christmas!)
- My parents are coming! And probably my brother too!
I have so much to look forward to. I am excited for the future, but still living in the moment as to not overlook any opportunity to share the Gospel!
Last night (as I said I went out with friends) I met some new people. One of the people told me that she is a Christian--sort of. She hasn't been baptized. I asked her what was keeping her from being baptized, and she said that it's because she doesn't know everything about God. I told her that I was baptized as a baby, and I knew nothing! And in fact, I still don't know everything about God! I told her that if we wait until we know everything about God, then we will never, ever be baptized. I encouraged her to think about this and consider being baptized. In the audience was a young man that I've known for over a year, and he is in the same boat that she is: he believes, but is not baptized. For sake of privacy, and because I didn't ask permission to share this, I will not share their names (as normal). But I would like to ask you to pray for them. You can name them yourself if you would like ;) God knows who you are talking about!
I think that is all today! I pray that you all have a wonderful week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment