I have (as previously mentioned in other posts) been having some health issues. I mentioned that I was waiting on test results. I got a CT back that showed that surgery would be very helpful, if not necessary. I will not get better if I do not have the surgery, but I won't die if I don't have it...I will just continue to feel sick.
Insurance hasn't been able to give me a clear answer as to whether or not it will be covered, so I have to just keep trucking forward, unaware of what will happen with money. I don't have enough money to pay for it myself, so I am hoping that insurance will help. That is something to pray for for me!
Health issues aside, this week has been nice. I am going out with friends tonight as a sort of good-bye dinner for my coworker. Right now I am extremely tired. I just spent the last 30 minutes back in my office between classes trying to sleep a little, which is easier said than done! I hope to get the energy needed to be up and energetic tonight!
I am excited to go to Hong Kong tomorrow for church. I will also end up visiting a university classmate who is in HK for 2 months. It will be nice catching up and being in the big city for a while!
Our TV broke a couple weeks ago. Monday, a student will come to my house to check out the TV situation, and to try to figure out what the problem is. Then, he will help us call a repair man to fix the damage. Hopefully it's not more than it's worth!
Today, I taught a student who was soooo tired. He was writing little, and then falling asleep. I'd say his name, and he'd start to fall over, and he'd catch himself, and move enough to get his head on the desk. Students here are so busy and work so hard that it is so difficult for them to stay awake. Sometimes I don't know how they last as long as they do: especially the teenage boys! Kids here are up until 12 or 1, and they wake up at 7. That's not a lot of sleep for a kid! The younger kids might even get up earlier than that! It is so different to be in a culture where the people have such a lack of sleep, and where work and studying come before sleep. Please pray for this student, as he does not have an easy week ahead of him, and he is in need of rest so that he can function!
No comments:
Post a Comment