Last weekend, my roommate Rachel and I had the opportunity to visit our friends who are living in Shenzhen. It was so relaxing being able to visit, and we got to shop at some western stores (like the Gap!) and eat some western food! They have a few more western things than we do, though they speak less English there than in Macau!
We took a ferry there from Macau, and it was quite convenient. At the ferry terminal, we found the subway and took it to 2 blocks away from their apartment! It was quite convenient, and we had such a great time with their family. We also got to visit an international church aimed at expats. It was fun to be able to participate in a worship service instead of doing a lot of administrative work for it. It was good to have that!
I felt very refreshed after the weekend getaway, and it was difficult to come back! But I am back to work now, and am in the process of scheduling times to go out with friends! Hopefully this weekend some friends and I can cross the boarder to eat some Papa Johns pizza!
I am coming down with yet another cold. I just got over being sick last week and now I feel sick again. I don't know what it is about my immune system lately, but it's not doing awesome. Please pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment