Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm going to America...zhen de ma!?

I still cannot believe that I'm going to America. The Chinese writing in the title means "Truth?!"

It's all surreal, but my bag is packed, and I'm ready to go!  I just need to get my backpack packed and the liquids sorted out.  Maybe a couple more shirts and pants in there since it's only 41 pounds, and not 50 yet.

I guess that with it being 2am, and me having to leave at 6, and there being a pretty epic thunderstorm outside, I will probably save sleep for the plane.  Hopefully I can make it 'til 11:30!  I'll just get a coke in the morning or something.

The last few days have been spent saying 'see ya later' to many people, and also helping out where needed, but mostly just packing.  I only had 1 class and 1 free class this week, so I was able to focus on getting my house ready to leave, which included doing a whole bunch of laundry.

I am gonna miss the rice, and the sweet and sour pork, and the chopsticks.  I will just try to make up for it by eating the fake Chinese food in America ;)  It won't match up though.  That stuff is super unhealthy, and the stuff here is more healthy than that.

And that thunderstorm that I mentioned before: man. It's insane.  Just sayin.

Honestly, I don't have much left.  I just want to unplug my valuables (aka this computer: 之个手提电脑。)  Hopefully I got the right characters.  There are things that I know how to say but not wright.  I'm not literate yet, but I am slowly getting there ;)

Ok, time to do something. Like maybe wash dishes or something. Not sure yet.

Next post: from America! (Or Hong Kong, if I get bored!)

No comments:

Post a Comment